Saturday, June 25, 2005

What has happen to Americans?


that's what I want to know. I guess my eyes have ben opened by my time in Iraq and I am angered by what I am seeing right here at home. When exactly did people stop caring about others? All around me I see the "I've got mine" attitude and its pissing me off. Companies care more about the bottom line than customers or their workers, our political leaders don't listen to us anymore, the list goes on and on... I'm also sick and tired of hearing about (fill in the blank) Americans getting special treatment on this subject or that subject. I my self am an Icelandic/Swedish American and I want to know what we get! The last time I checked, when you became a citizen of the United States, you became an American! Honor your culture as I honor and practice mine but don't try and make the rest of us "enjoy" it. Another thing, LEARN THE LANGUAGE!!! My family worked in Swedish logging camps until they learned English, why should I have to learn a different language to order a hamburger? When I was stationed in Germany did I expect the Germans to speak English? NO, I was happy when they did but I learned German so I could travel and shop. Finally, for those of you here with ID from the black market....GO HOME!!!! I don't want my taxes to go to feeding your families. Nobody helped my family like that. If you want to be here then do it the right way and I'll say WELCOME to America, until then.......Patrol the border and send everybody back to their home country that doesn't belong.

No comments: