Friday, June 24, 2005

Changes that I have noticed in the government since comming home.

You know, I have never really been in to politics because most of what goes on never seemed to apply to me. I don't know if its the fact that I am now 30 and have a family or if being away from home has opened my eyes a little bit. Since I cane home I have learned that the vote I mailed in from Iraq for my states general election was not counted. Also, our gas tax has been raised by 33% and we already had the 2nd highest gas tax in the nation! The attempt to repeal this tax is being laughed at by the state leaders and frankly its pissing me off....Take the mass transit plan for Seattle, the additional taxes for that project were supposed to end in 2025 and now they are trying to extend that time out to 2053 for a grand total of $12,000.00 per inch of the 14 mile track!!! Now look at the crazyness back on the east coast with the Supreme Court aloowing the taking of private property so it can be given to a private company to build a factory. What is next???? I thought we were supposed to have a government of the people, by the people and that it was FOR the people. Our so called leaders are basically telling us that we are not entitled to own our own property if somebody richer wants it, or we are too stupid to vote on what taxes we are willing to pay. Check out the "No New Gas Tax" web site at also, look at this report on the supreme court ruling and what it can do for retailers. I don't mind being paid fair market value if you need to build a school or expand a road but taking people's land for the use and gain of a private company?!?!?!?! I think not! I know I wouldn't go without a fight... I think of my self as a good upstanding member of the community but if you try to take my lad for a Wal-Mart or Target then you'll see the next Ruby Ridge typ stand off. Where is it going to end? They laugh at our votes, if they even count them, and they go against our wishes because they can. What is this country comming to? I support my President 100% and I love my country with all of my heart but isn't it MY country or does it belong to "them"? I have and will continue to fight for my country when it asks but I want to know when the people are going to force the government to act in the spirit of the first continental congress or even try to live up to what our founding fathers had in mind? Thats enough for now as I am getting madder and madder all of the time. I sure don't need to say anything that could get me in to trouble now do I? ;-)

If you expect a nation to be
ignorant and free, you expect
what never was and can never be.
Thomas Jefferson

No comments: