Saturday, June 11, 2005

Problems relating to friends and family

Over the last 2 months of being home I have gone through a roller coaster of feelings. I've been happy to be with everybody, sad that I haven't been able to do all of the things that I had thought about doing when I got home, frustrated that people I talk to have no idea of what is gong on in Iraq and what we all have been through. I have always been a respectable soldier, in fact I have been called "RoboSoldier" by some of my friends because I am a point and shoot type of guy. If I am given an order I carry it out, plain and simple....now I find that I look at the people I currently work for (in a temp. staff position) and I have a hard time believing that what they want me to do is important. After all, finishing paper work or drafting a report isn't exactly the same as my normal job as a gunner on an M1A1 or my job in Iraq running a gun truck and its crew. I know that as a professional soldier I don't have a choice but it still gets to me. I know I'm not the only one that is going through this, I'd love to hear from some of you out there that have just gotten home. Let me know how you are dealing with the family members that don't understand what changes have taken place in your life or the co-workers that haven't been there and done that. Do you ever feel like you'd rather just go back to Iraq so you can be apart of something important or are you happy to have it behind you? Let me know!

No comments: